- Log into your cPanel.
- Click on the Softaculous Apps Installer icon located under the Software category.
- Hover over the BoldGrid icon from the main Softaculous page and click Install.
- Fill in the fields for Software Setup.
CHOOSE PROTOCOL Select whether to use the http:// or https:// (secure) protocol. Note that you need to have an SSL certificate installed to use the https:// protocol
CHOOSE DOMAIN Select the domain to which you want to install BoldGrid from the dropdown.
IN DIRECTORY If you want to install BoldGrid into a subfolder and not the main domain, enter the folder name here. The folder cannot yet exist as it will be created upon installation.
- Enter your Site Settings.
SITE NAME Enter the name of your site. Example: Joe’s Widgets.
SITE DESCRIPTION Enter a tagline or subtitle. Example: The best site for widgets!
ENABLE MULTISITE(WPMU) Checking this box will enable multisite. Leave this box unchecked for BoldGrid.
- Enter your Admin Account information to create the administrator account for your site.
ADMIN USERNAME Give the admin user a name. Do NOT use ‘admin’.
ADMIN PASSWORD Enter your desired password. Pay attention to the strength indicator as the password you choose must be a strength greater than 40.
ADMIN EMAIL Enter the email address you wish to use for the admin account. Make sure it is a valid email address so you can receive information from your site.
- Choose the language you want to install for BoldGrid.
SELECT LANGUAGE Select the language for your site. English is set by default.
- Select the key box if you already have one or will be getting one from within your WordPress admin dashboard.
I ALREADY HAVE A KEY OR WILL OBTAIN ONE VIA THE FORM IN MY WP-ADMIN PANEL Select this box.
- Click the Install button.
During the install, you may be presented with an error indicating you have an htaccess file. You can either remove that file from your account manually, or select the checkbox to overwrite it and then attempt to install BoldGrid again.
Once you get the message BoldGrid was installed successfully, you can log into your site and begin building!