- Create the new location for your WordPress core files. Use the option in cPanel to create a subdirectory if necessary. You can also use FTP or the cPanel File manager. Make sure that any existing files in the new location will not interfere with the files that you’re bringing over.
- Login to the Administrator Dashboard.
- Click on Settings, then click on General.
- Change the WordPress Address (URL) to the new location of your WordPress core files.
- Change the Site Address (URL) to the new location URL.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Save Changes. The move is not complete at this point so don’t try to view your site, yet.
- Move your WordPress files and folders into the location new location. After the files have been uploaded, try viewing the site with your new URL. You should also verify that using your Administrator dashboard is working.
Have your say!